GigaFix Limited is a computer and mobile phone sales and repair company including a fully licensed recycling service licensed and regulated by the WEEE Directive 2007.
We collect and process personal data both as a Processor and as a Controller as defined in the GDPR Directive and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
2. Contact information for the Data Controller
We invite you to contact us regarding any aspect of the data we hold for you, in writing for audit trail purposes, at any time to:
• Request access to information that Gigafix holds about you
• Correct or update any information that Gigafix holds about you
• Delete any information that Gigafix holds about you, unless it is a regulatory requirement
• Query or Complain about any aspect on your rights as a data subject
We are required to request the following information on our customers to identify who they are based on the type of transaction:
* Name (personal or company)
* Telephone and/or email
* Address (optional if collection/delivery service is required)
* Proof of ID (optional: passport, Driver’s Licence if customer is selling a product)
4. Personal Data Storage
Any Personal Data collected/retained by Gigafix digitally is stored using a secure facilities provider, with a data processing agreement ensuring compliance with Directive.
Any personal data collected on paper by Gigafix is stored in the main office under a lock and key with restricted access by senior management and deleted once its purpose has been served.
5. Intended use of Personal Data
Gigafix will only use your Personal Data for legitimate purposes to confirm your contact details and only subject to legal and professional industry regulations.
Should you not be able or willing to provide the minimum regulatory information, Gigafix will not be able to complete certain transactions.
6. Sharing Personal Data
Gigafix will not share any of your personal data unless it is a legal requirement to do so otherwise.
We will refuse any requests from any other third party for your personal data unless you authorise us to do so, in writing, to email@example.com
7. Legal basis for processing your Personal Data
Processing the data by Gigafix is lawful as you, the data subject, has given consent to the processing of your personal data on the understanding and agreement that;
1. Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party in order to allow us to perform our duties and to fulfil contractual obligations such as warranties etc.
2. Processing is necessary for compliance with legal and compliance obligations to which Gigafix is subject;
3. Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Gigafix except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
8. Data Retention
Gigafix will retain your data for the duration of our contractual obligations and for legitimate record purposes.
Should you no longer require our services and wish for us to delete your personal data at any time, please write or email us firstname.lastname@example.org